Contact: backporchcreationscrafts@gmail.com

Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome Tucker!

A good friend of mine recently had her precious baby boy. I wanted to give her a card with a little extra special touch to it. Now this isn't what I would call your traditional new baby card... She decorated the baby's room in a tranquil turquoise color with trees in complimenting earth tones, it is a beautiful set up. I got to thinking how fun it would be to take one of the trees from the nursery and translate it into a card. So I pulled out my Gypsy and this is what I came up with... The tree is from PDDU and was cut at 4.29" and the leaves came from Hoot n Holler and were cut at 1.04". I placed the tree on pop dots and then carefully glued all of the leaves on. I added some ribbon in the same hues and then sprayed it with a bit of shimmer mist for a little sparkle. I absolutely LOVE the way the card turned out.


 So below is the tree I used for inspiration. This is not a photo of the nursery but this is the same tree that is in the nursery.... I think I came pretty darn close!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...